Monday, January 16, 2006

Change Comes Slow in Schoolsville

It wasn't easy convincing the town council to change Schoolsville even a little bit. "Leave well enuff alone," they said. Sure, I'm glad that they think Schoolsville is "well enuff," but you and I know it needs to get linked up to some new, cool, helpful sites, so that we get more visitors than just the "regulars." So I told them, the council, that is, that it wasn't goin' to cost us nothin', and that the links template (of course I didn't use that word, I think I said "hookup" and now you're snickering) was already there. "Go ahead," they said. "Knock yourself out. If it don't cost us no time or money, go ahead and do it. But keep it clean for the young folk." At first, I wish they didn't feel the need to say that. I mean, don't they trust me none? But sometimes things just come out automatically from Schoolsville folk, and they don't mean nothin' by it.

The community here is small in number, but large in spirit. We rarely get cross with each other. I perform many roles. I'm part-time teacher, politician, pontiff, poet laureat, and policeman. And if you haven't guessed by now, we like to keep it clean here for the women folk and children. Um, I'd 'preciate it if you picked up that candy wrapper, please. Thank you, kindly.

So next time you come to Schoolsville, look around. Browse the entries and the comments. Feel free to express your own opinion. It's America, after all, but we live by a higher law, so keep . . . . You know what I'm saying. See, you're already thinking like you was born and raised in Schoolsville. Check out our new links, too. Give me an idea for a link, too, why doncha? Don't be a stranger. You all come back now, here.

3 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

haha, clever way of putting the point across, fio.

for jus a secon' i was reckoning i'd have to get up at the crack of dawn to feedin' those chicks in the farmhouse down the road a piece.

great way of bringing a delaware st marks kid to a hick town, just by reading dialog :)
-muldoon

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger JTF said...

Yeah, guess you're right. I got caught being a corny poseur. Oh well, back to the grind of the real school on Monday. My town is SO much more fun, though, even if I don't always get the lingo right.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger JTF said...

Stephanie,

Schoolsville is accepting e-mails, of course, at my addresses that you can find on my Spartan web page. No charge, either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home