Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Time Bandits


Call me "cheap", call me "fashion impaired", or call me someone who doesn't wear his wallet on his sleeve, or wrist, in this case. First, it took me a few weeks to decide to replace my trusty Timex. Then, after a more few well spent minutes, I decided to buy a $20 Sharp watch at the Big K instead of a more costly and fashionable alternative. Like a $500 Seiko.

I know that the idea of what is "affordable" is all relative. Still, it blows my mind that a high school student would have, let alone wear, and then leave in his football locker, a $500 watch. Sounds like someone made at least three bad decisions that day, and unfortunately, learned an expensive lesson when the watch was stolen. Wearing the "bling bling" does draw attention, sometimes unwanted. So I don't see this "rash of thefts" ending, until it becomes fashionable to look unfashionable.

2 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't you find it restricting(enervating) to be so practical?

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger JTF said...

On the contrary, as HD Thoreau once said, "My days were not days of the week, bearing the stamp of any heathen deity, nor were they minced into hours and fretted by the ticking of a clock; for I lived like the Puri Indians, of whom it is said that "for yesterday, today, and tomorrow they have only one word, and they express the variety of meaning by pointing backward for yesterday forward for tomorrow, and overhead for the passing day... I had this advantage, at least, in my mode of life, over those who were obliged to look abroad for amusement, to society and the theatre, that my life itself was become my amusement and never ceased to be novel."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home