Monday, September 12, 2005

Eagles / Falcons-- Battle of the Raptors

While the rest of the Eagles fans are icing down their 30 packs and shopping their local Acmes for Cheez Whiz and nachos, I'm still under doctor's orders to recline "as much as possible." So when #5 starts hitting on all cylinders tonight, I have to be careful not to pop another retinal gasket.

That hasn't stopped me from my normal pre-game preparation, though. I washed and ironed my vintage #26 Clarence Peaks jersey to wear during the game, and I'm trying to find the words to the Eagles Fight Song (which I hardly ever hear these days) so I can sing along after a touchdown.

The 1983 Eddie Murphy movie, Trading Places, was set in Philly. The swarmy detective who worked for the Duke Bros. was named . . . Clarence BEAKS. Eagles in-joke, definitely.

2 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't know which is more pathetic, an Eagles football fan or a Kansas City baseball fan.

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...Think I'm gonna have to go with the KC fan ....no offense ...lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home