Sunday, September 11, 2005

Good Karma ?

Web surfing this afternoon, I discovered ESPN.com's
25 Best Sports Movies. I got a good chuckle when Caddyshack was ranked #5 by an "expert panel" and #2 by the website's users. Channel surfing later on, I caught the Dali Lama on CNN. He's in the USA for a 20-day tour. I don't think golf is on his schedule. If it were, Bill Murray's account of how the DL tried to "stiff him" after caddying for him in Tibet might make it hard to find a "looper." Unfortunately for His Holiness, I bet many guys like me first associate him with Caddyshack instead of being the reincarnation of the Buddha. Meanwhile, today I started a book about Bruce Edwards, Tom Watson's caddy who died last April from ALS. So what's up with all of the Kaddy Karma? Think I'll put the Edwards book down and read about Buddhism tonight. For those of you less spiritual, click to the ESPN list.

3 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of sports, I have always tried to keep my ears open to learn as much as I can from knowledgable people. My persistence paid off at lunch today when one of my colleagues described UD coach KC Keeler as well-coiffed. He pronounced the word "coyft". I am embarassed to say that I always thought it was pronounced "kwahft." Live and learn.

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, not screaming like his passengers!

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger JTF said...

Can't believe the topic at lunch was KC's hair! I would have thought the topic would have been the absence of his sunglasses.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home