Monday, September 19, 2005

One Fine Day


This morning I caught the end of The Woman Hater's Club, the Three Stooges' short that rhymes for its entire 19 minutes (try that, Mr. Big Shot Emmy Award Winner Ray Romano). I had forgotten the plot (silly me). Larry had broken his woman hater's vow to never marry, only to return 30 years later to join the club again. Moe and Curly welcome him back. The film ends with trio singing some little love ditty ("For you, for you my life, my love, my all . . . ) that only showcases their talent even more.

I've seen Philadelphia Comcast fill-in sportscaster Matt Fine on TV, and whether it's just my imagination or not, I have noticed a physical similarity between him and Stooge Larry Fine, who was born Larry Fienberg in South Philly. I close my eyes, listen to Matt Fine's voice, and I can imagine hearing him say, "I'll take two pieces of burnt toast and a rotten egg . . . I got a tapeworm and that's good enough for him" (a Larry routinely-repeated gag).

I can't seem to find anything helpful on the web to prove my keen Stooge sensibilities. Meanwhile, I need to relax with some less serious activity. Nyuk, nyuk.

3 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Name the 60's group that had two huge hiys with "FINE" in the title.

 
At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My man, pots and pans. The Shirelles sang One Fine Day and She's So Fine. George Harrison was sued when his song My Sweet Lord sounded too much like She's So Fine.

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch Ouch Ouch Yon Teen......The songs are true but the artists??? PU ..... Keep on trying My man !!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home