Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Turkey Time Out

I know I have only been back to school for seven weeks, but I'm taard. That's Dust Storm Okie lingo for "tired." The Thanksgiving break should allow me to catch a second breath before the mad rush to Christmas. I hate mad rushes; I prefer sane strolls, and that's the pace I'll take after the break. After reading Clark's The Portable Phonograph and Ozick's imaginative but depressing story, The Shawl, I think you need some evidence that life is beautiful while you work on your descriptive creative assignment. That's all I'll say for now. I'll be back to give you more details on that descriptive piece. If I don't talk to you between now and Thursday, have a great Thanksgiving. You're all young enough to eat that extra piece of Grandma's pie, so go for it.

Here's my addendum to the Thanksgiving poem I read: " I am thankful for the papers that I have to grade, for the students who call out in class, for the letters of rec that I have to write . . . because that means I have a class to teach."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home