Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Wearing of the Green

No, I'm not blogged out as much as I am "golfed out," and I haven't even swung a club yet. Coaching the golf team isn't real work, I know, but it is three hours less a day that I could be doing other things, like "blogging." So until I make the transition from winter to spring (which will coincide, I think, with the arrival of warm weather), I expect that I'll not be typing away at this site all too much.

When I get home at 6:30 these nights, it takes about a half hour to thaw out, another hour or so to eat, clean up, etc., and by then, it's 8 o'clock and time to do some serious school work. Writing poems about coffee mugs is serious school work? Sure is, even though I wrote that poem last year. Serious school work these days also involves grading Cuckoo's Nest essays, not exactly a chore that gets the blood pumping. After reading a few, I'm ready to hit the hay.

But the blood will start pumping when I've smashed my first 300+ yard drive by "Lefty" Onesi and "VJ" Donnelly and I've sunk my first winning putt to crush their spirits (am I dreaming right now?). By then, I think I will have gained the energy to start blogging more regularly, writing about the more exciting, seasonal thoughts that spring seems to invite.

10 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try some yoga. It not only gives u a lot of energy but there are special moves that can improve your golfing skills.
Just a little tip I learned while researching today :)

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger JTF said...

Yoga. Hmm. You're the best, espang. In spite of what I've posted here, I could use some help with my golfing skills.

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it Fio. VJ donnelly...hahahhahahaha...But i dont know about blowing it by me. thats a tough task

 
At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Fiorelli!

Damn the libraries!

I went to Hockessin and Kirkwood in search of a book I needed and it is checked out! I apologize if I have three internet sources for tomorrow!

Theresa

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger JTF said...

Theresa,

No problema. Don't damn the libraries. If the book was checked out, that means someone is reading it.

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger JTF said...

Kotite,

So good to hear from you. I don't have the same energy (just yet) that I once had when I patroled the links with you and Brett. Guess advancing age and the cold Delaware weather will do THAT to you. Anyway, yes, I'm ready for the challenge, and also ready anytime you're able to round up a couple of Masters' tickets. I've got plenty of green in my wardrobe. I'll e-mail you soon.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger JTF said...

Kotite,
You da man! I'd definitely like to get down there for the practice rounds next year. I'll look for you on TV.

 
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fio, i'm sick so i'm not going to be in class today so i guess if we have any homework(other than working on our essays and writing journals...)if you could tell me that'd be great! thanks.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger JTF said...

Liz,

E-mail me at jfiorelli@stmarkshs.net so I can get you some work. If not, you can work on your journal (due March 20)or research paper (central idea and thesis now due Thursday). Hope you're feeling better.

 
At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say that when it is golf season, the nights get shorter and you have alot of things to do in a short amount of time. If I was in your footsteps and was coaching the golf team, I would know exactly where your coming from when saying your "golfed out." Even though you are not swinging the club and beating all your players (haha), it can be draining when you have to pick someone over another to make the team. Not getting home until after 6, when your normally home around 3:45-4, it gets to be exhausting. But its all FUN!
Come on now Fio, you gotta love being around your players. Also, you gotta love no practices on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (which seems to be a little upsurb). Just think, if you coached Baseball or Soccer, your nights and weekends would be shorter and you wouldnt have enough time, lets say, with the "wifey" (haha). But I think you should start swinging the clubs and joining us so you can hit that 300+ yard drive passed ole' lefty onesi. Its that time of year baby, the MAsters are right around the corner!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home