Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sophs (UPDATE) and Seniors (UPDATE): Week of 5-19

SOPHS: I have posted at Studywiz a project on The Great Gatsby that you have to complete to turn in before Tuesday, May 27 (it's there NOW. I had mistakenly posted it for my seniors). It is fairly extensive, so I am allowing you to work with a partner if you choose. The project is a worksheet that asks you to find examples of and note the importance of motifs, historical figures and events, key scenes, and "word pictures" in the novel. It also contains the full text of the novel, so do NOT print out this entire document. The text of the novel is included for you to search.

So tonight you might want to "partner up" with someone and get to work, maybe dividing up questions. You will submit this project to me electronically before Tuesday, May 27, via my St. Mark's e-mail at jfiorelli@stmarkshs.net or you may print out the finished project (minus the Gatsby text, of course).

CLASS OF 2014!: Enjoy your day on Monday, even though you will be missing English class for your class luncheon. We will go over some Death of a Salesman themes and speeches on Tuesday and begin watching The Dead Poets Society. I have posted at Studywiz a file that contains the important Death of a Salesman speeches and themes that you will need to know for the exam. Final note: those of you missing class on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday will miss The Dead Poets Society. I will talk to you Tuesday about some options, since I intend to include some questions on the movie on the final exam.

UPDATE 5-18 10:30 p.m.---Complete your final blog of the year before class on Friday. You may post OR print out your response. No late copies will be accepted since I will not be in next Tuesday or Wednesday.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home