Tuesday, September 27, 2011

SOPHS READ ONLY--A Little John Williams, Maybe?

I'm in the process of hiring John Williams to write some theme music for my made-for-TV production of Why Don't You Look Where You're Going?

Who is John Williams? Well, google him to get all of the details, but he is the most successful composer of movie scores in the latter half of the 20th century. He scored almost all of Steven Speilberg's classics---Indiana Jones, Jaws, Jurassic Park, E.T., and of course, the Star Wars trilogy. If you don't know Williams' name, you'll certainly recognize his music when he hear the first notes.

Williams also provided the soundtrack music for Home Alone, the first three Harry Potter films, and Superman.

Why would I choose Williams? Well, I somehow hear the dark notes of his Darth Vader theme music when the people on board the ocean liner see the name of the Flying Dutchman on the sailor's boat, when their faces become "serious and fixed."

Truthfully, Williams won't answer my phone calls or my Tweets. Guess he's never heard of Schoolsville? His loss.

Here's a pretty funny commercial that uses the Darth Vader theme, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home